Category Archives: DJs And Mixes
Amerigo Gazaway – Yasiin Gaye: The Departure (Side One)
Chegando com o volune 1
01. Intro Theme (The Departure)
02. Inner City Travellin’ Man
03. Definition Of Infinity Feat. Talib Kweli
04. I Want You ‘Til The Summertime
05. Ms. Fat Booty
06. The Panties Feat. Teddy Pendergrass
07. Workin’ It Out
08. Peculiar Mathematics
09. “T” Plays A Cool Loop (Interlude)
10. Time (To Get It Together)
11. Inner City Breathin’ Feat. Tammi Terrell
12. Two Worlds Feat. Kanye West
13. Soul Mates Radio Feat. The Black Astronauts (Intermission)
DJ e produtor J. Period com um mixtape em homenagem ao mestre maior do Funk, Mr. James Brown.
J.PERIOD pays tribute to the Godfather of Soul with an epic, 80-minute musical journey through the catalog, legacy and lasting impact of one of music’s all-time greats — and the undisputed foundation of hip hop as we know it — James Brown.
01. Intro/Sex Machine (Jorun Bombay Dub Version)
02. It’s Star Time!/Ain’t It Funky (Remix)
03. Soul Power (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
04. What Is Soul? (Interlude)
05. Mind Power (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
06. Teach the Newcomers/Dead On It (Remix)
07. Ants In My Pants (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
08. Monopoly on Soul (Interlude)
09. Drive That Funky Soul (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
10. No Compromise (Interlude)
11. Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag
12. Superbad (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
13. Feel Alright (Live)
14. Inspiration (Interlude)
15. Got That Feeling/Way You Make Me Feel (Remix) feat. Michael Jackson
16. Eddie Murphy Interlude
17. Cold Sweat (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
18. Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
19. Al Sharpton Interlude
20. Hot Pants Road (J.PERIOD Remix) feat. Public Enemy
21. Blow Your Head/Soul Pride (J.PERIOD Remix)
22. The Grunt vs. Public Enemy (J.PERIOD Remix)
23. New Generation (Interlude) /Cross The Tracks
24. The Era of Sampling (Interlude) feat. Big Daddy Kane
25. Hot Pants (I’m Coming)
26. I Know You Got Soul
27. Pass the Peas (J.PERIOD Remix) feat. Rakim
28. The Beginning of Hip Hop (Interlude)
29. More Peas (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
30. Sampling More Peas (J.PERIOD Remix)
31. There Was a Time/Treat Em Right (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
32. My Favorite Artist (Interlude) feat. Kanye West
33. Funky President (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
34. Talkin Loud & Sayin Nothing (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
35. Can Mind/One for All (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
36. My Thang (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
37. What’s Your Secret? (Interlude)/Your Love
38. It’s My Thing (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
39. Blind Man Can See (Jorun Bombay x J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
40. Funky Drummer (Make Me Sweat) (Jorun Bombay Remix)
41. Funky Drummer (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
42. Not Part of the Establishment (Interlude)
43. You Can Have Watergate (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
44. Same Gang/Untitled Instrumental (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
45. Escape-Ism (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
46. Greedy G
47. Get On the Good Foot
48. Unwind Yourself (J.PERIOD Re-Edit) feat. DJ Kool
49. Think (J.PERIOD “These Are The Breaks” Remix)
50. Give It Up Turn It Loose (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
51. MLK Assasination (Interlude)
52. Say it Loud (Jorun Bombay x J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
53. So Hard
54. Spell The Name Right (Interlude)
55. The Boss/Get Down (J.PERIOD Re-Edit) feat. Nas
56. Blues & Pants (J.PERIOD Remix) feat. B.I.G.
57. The Big Payback (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
58. Bring It Up/Manifest (J.PERIOD Remix)
59. Papa Don’t Take No Mess (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
60. Legacy of JB (Interlude)/Popcorn With a Feeling
61. I’m Not to Blame (J.PERIOD Re-Edit)
62. Man’s World/Thank You (Outtro)
63. Bonus: I Feel Good (Tall Black Guy Flip-Up)
Funk From The Trunk vol. 2 by mr lingo (all DJs, mr lingo)
01] fred wesley – blow your head [urban]
02] speedometer – no man wories (dj format’s funky people remix) [freestyle]
03] smoove – fantasy funk band [fantasy]
04] przasnik – swingalong [funky mamas & papas poland]
05] soopasoul – hot & cold [jalepeno]
06] the loosen ups – you got me cramp’d up [noise revolution]
07] poets of rhythm – practice what you preach [record kicks]
08] obama & the yes we can express – hold on! [killer funk us]
09] the bamboos – happy [tru thoughts]
10] mr president – meet again (instrumental) [favourite france]
11] 6ix toys – giggle [first world]
12] the bamboos – can’t help myself feat. ty [tru thoughts]
13] smoove – big balls [record kicks]
14] dj papa – don’t joke with a hungry dj [funky mamas & papas poland]
15] daytoner – little wonder [wack]
16] lack of afro – the outsider [freestyle]
17] flying fish – mr matawe [skyline]
18] ruckus roboticus – here we go (diesler remix) [freestyle]
19] flying fish – sing it loud [skyline]
20] broken keys – slingshot part 2 [tru thoughts]
21] leisure allstars – hands in the air [leisure]
22] gecko turner – limon en la cabeza (quantic remix) [lovemonk]
[stetsasonic – talkin all that jazz (accapella)]
23] natural self – the sound [breakin bread]
24] dr rubberfunk – come on in & get some [jack to phono]
25] breakout – lyve wire [melting pot music]
26] poets of rhythm – more mess on mything [freestyle]
27] gangstarr – dwyck (spezialversion) [wax ‘em records]
28] soopasoul – soopastole [soopa]
29] dj mitsu – kuro fessional mc (instrumental) [mukatsuku]
30] mr brown – there was a time (kenny dope remix) [killer funk us]
DJ, produtor e fera nos toca discos.
Vale o confere!
Funk from the Trunk vol 1 by powercut (all DJs, powercut)
01 the killer meters – just kissed my baby [scenario]
02 cookin’ on 3 burners feat. kylie auldist – settle the score [freestyle]
03 boca 45 – airdrums [grand central]
04 lazy habits – even out [run & jump]
05 lefties soul connection – paul newman [mpm]
06 the haggis horns – hot damn [first word]
07 powercut – triple thinkin’ [fftt]
08 lefties soul connection – organ donor (hawkeye hyphy edit) [mpm]
09 boca 45 – boca breakdown [grand central]
10 the impellers – be ready [freestyle]
11 smoove & turrell – don’t go [jalepeno]
12 lefties soul connection feat. flomega – have love will travel [mpm]
13 lefties soul connection – code 99 [mpm]
Mais um set do do nosso brother Guilherme Deriz!
Drz n B.Loco presents FUNKY POWER #04 ( disco edition )
01 – Heatwave – Boogie Nights ( intro )
02 – Latoya Jackson – If You Feel the Funk
03 – Brass construtiin – Movin on
04 – Skool Boyz – Superfine ( from behind )
05 – Oliver Cheatham – Get Down Saturday Night
06 – Uptown Funk Empire – Boogie
07 – Jermaine Jackson – Let Me Tickle Your Fancy
08 – Anita Ward – Ring my Bell ( LapTop Remix )
09 – Harvey Mason – Groovin You
10 – Tim Maia – Vou com Gas
11 – Kool e the Gang – Be my Lady
12 – Roy Ayers – Running Away
13 – Detroit Emeralds – Feel the Need in Me
14 – Dennis Edwards – Don’t Look Any Further
Visite e baixe Link Original
1 Make It N.Y.
2 Dem Back
3 Mighty Agho
4 The Same Girl
5 Three Lords
6 Danger 500
7 Astro Easy Love
8 Dear Psychedelic Woman
9 Breakthrough Kids
10 Funky Criminology
# Ghostfunk "Track Title"
Original artist – original track [original album]
1. "Make It N.Y."
Rob Kanda – "Make It Fast, Make It Slow" [Ghana Soundz – Afro-Beat, Funk, And Fusion in 70s Ghana]
AZ feat. Ghostface Killah & Raekwon – "New York" [A.W.O.L.]
2. "Dem Back"
Gyedu Blay-Ambolley – "Fa No Dem Ara" [Simigwa]
Ghostface Killah – "Tooken Back" [The Pretty Toney Album]
3. "Mighty Agho"
Sir Victor Uwaifo – "Agho" [Guitar Boy Superstar]
Ghostface Killah – "Mighty Healthy" [Supreme Clientele]
4. "The Same Girl"
Soul Throbs – "Little Girl" [Next Stop…Soweto Vol. 2: Soul, Funk & Organ Grooves from the Townships 1969-1976]
Ghostface Killah feat. Carl Thomas & Raekwon – "Never Be The Same Again" [Bulletproof Wallets]
5. "Three Lords"
Lijadu Sisters – "Lord Have Mercy" [Danger]
Ghostface Killah feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Raekwon – "Three Bricks" [Fischscale]
6. "Danger 500"
Lijadu Sisters – "Danger" [Danger]
Ghostface Killah feat. Raekwon & Cappadonna – "Daytona 500" [Ironman]
7. "Astro Easy Love"
Amanaz – "Easy Street" [Africa]
Ghostface Killah – "Astro" [Astro 12"] & Ghostface Killah – "Love Session" [Bulletproof Wallets]
8. "Dear Psychdelic Woman"
Honey & The Bees Band – "Psychedelic Woman" [Ghana Soundz – Afro-Beat, Funk, And Fusion in 70s Ghana]
Ghostface Killah – "Save Me Dear" [The Pretty Toney Album]
9. "Breakthrough Kids"
The Funkees – "Breakthrough" [Slipping Into Darkness single]
Ghosftace Killah feat. Raekwon – "Apollo Kids" [Supreme Clientele]
10. "Funky Criminology"
Ebo Taylor Jr. – "Mondo Soul Funky" [Ghana Soundz – Afro-Beat, Funk, And Fusion in 70s Ghana – Volume 2]
Raekwon feat. Ghostface Killah – "Criminology" [Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…]
Released digitally on 7/11/11
“CARLINHO DEE JAY “
Set especial do mestre Carlinho DEE JAY, direto da Bahia para o Programa Original Funk Music 1o/07/2011.
Vale muito a pena visitar o blog http://carlrmx.blogspot.com/
01 Essence – The Party Side Of Town (1983)
02 Bruni Pagan – Follow Me (1982)
03 Indeep – When boys talk
04 Cheryl Lynn – In the night (1981)
05 Odyssey – Inside Out (12” Version) (1991)
06 Linda Taylor – You and me just started (12 inch)
07 The Ritchie Family – I’ll Do My Best
08 ENOIS SCROGGINS – Haters
09 Samson & Delilah – I Can Feel Your Love Slippin’ Away (Frankie Rodriquez)(1984)
10 Tavares – Just an illusion (Carlinho Special Edit 12 inch)
Psicodelia no Original, presente do brother Guilherme
SOUL SOUTH – Acid Afro Jazz Brasilis !
1- Verde e amarelo – o caminho do samba (parte1)
2- The Psychedelic aliens – Blofonyobi wo atale
3- Afrodisia Vol 1 – Track 09
4- Jabu morales – sendeiro mestiço
5- Pucho & his latin soul brothers -( Pulp Fusion vol 1 ) usar iceverb do menos ate o maximo antes do estouro e virar no final normal
6- Peter King – Ajo
7- Os mutuantes – ando meio desligado
8- Gianfranco Plenizio – grigiop
9- Kongas – anikana- o – africafunk vol 2
10 -Verde e Amarelo – O caminho do samba (parte2)
Branko Roth through, Presents!
Mr. James Brown’s Soul Sisters
is the last set as a tribute to unforgetable Mr. James Brown and his work.
It includes some direct lyrics writen by James Brown and performed by J.B’s Soul Sisters and some outher artists that were standed in a conection with Mr. James Brown.
So this is my part of memory of the greatest person in soulmusic ever been present on our small blue planet.
The set ends with a song Sunny in two different versions so i hope u will like it too.
I hope u had a good time with the eight sets that came out and I hope u lisened them atlest twice ;).
So stay tuned soon will be more sets funk and rock, maybee one or two nice jazzy mixes, we will see…..
Mr. James Brown’s Soul Sisters:
1. Anti love song – Betty Davis
2. Hot pants part I&II – The 20th Century
3. I made a mistake because it’s only you part I&II – Marva Withney
4. You’re gettin’ it – The Sweet Vandals
5. It’s my thing part I&II – Marva Withney
6. Kissing my love – Spanky Wilson
7. Summertime – Martha High with James Brown
8. What it is – Randolph Bros. Plus
9. Fancy – Spanky Wilson
10. Put it on the line – Lyn Collins
11. A moments plesuare – Millie Jackson
12. Compared to what – Gow Dow Experiance
13. Let me down easy – Betty Lavette
14. The lord will amke a way somehow part I&II – Kay Robinson
15. Sunny – Dee Felice Trio with James Brown
16. Sunny – Marva Withney with James Brown
Branko Roth through, Presents!
this is a third in a row around Mr. James Brown it is just a story that is told by Mr. James Brown like he annonced in a introduction, I like it and I hope u will like it too.
Next week-end is the mix on the way that I hope will be so nice like the three before it will include all this comercial hits I promise it will be funky, hot & sweat.
By the way I made a alternative take, so u can choose witch one do u prefer, I like them both.
Enjoy and move the feet to this funky beat.
James Brown’s tune stories:
1. Doing it to death part I&II
2. Get up offa that thing and release the pressure
3. I can’t stand it
4. Get up, get into and get involved
5. Shoot your shot
6. Stone to the bone
7. Funky side of town
8. Hot pants
9. I am greedy man part I&II
1. Doing it to death part I&II
2. Get up offa that thing and release the pressure
3. I can’t stand it
4. Get up, get into and get involved
5. I am greedy man part I&II
6. Hot pants
7. Shoot your shot
8. Stone to the bone
9. Funky side of town
James Brown’s A-Side
James Brown’s A-Side is a fourth in a row mix around Mr. James Brown, on this tape u can find the most played and known songs.
I know u can say Sex Machine appears again on Livehour and A-Side, this is correct but bouth are different versions not only that one is a live and outher not, this here is the most known phenomena about auto didactical artist that u know in musical business, they never play a song twice in a same way, not because they don’t want it, they can’t, there are artists with James Brown like John Lee Hooker, B.B. King, Tina Turner or Aretha Franklin, that is nature of autodidactic, u are never been to school to teach this and repeat until is sitting on you that the teacher can wake u in two a clock in the morning and u will repeat the learned stuff as a waterfall. This u can not find at persons that learn them selves, first will be, what a f… do u wont from me in this time of a night man, are u crazy or what come on leave me sleep man, would be reaction, maybe one of them will shoot u and first in the morning will be asking him selves who committed the crime…
Just kidding, no it is true this is a fact and this is the way it just is.
No this is basically difference between such musician and studied musician, this music is coming from soul, spirit of this people this is characteristic what make it such unique for us, if u hear as example Carlos Santana and Al Di Meola playing guitar u will hear immediately difference between them, bouth are super guitar players, but Santana is coming from soul, auto didactical part, such different then Di Meola, how try’s to play it but u will still hear this guy was studying this instrument, he can play parts that Santana couldn’t ever play, this is a difference, some like the first some the second artist more.
I must commit to put this mix together was much more work then in the others, it is not my favorite, it is nice, is o.k., but me in private like more B-Side and tune stories, can be that this songs from A-Side u know more then less completely, no surprise if get what I mean, but still cool in a way.
So I hope u will enjoy a bit and I hope we see us on coming stuff….
James Brown’s A-Side:
1. Funky drummer
2. The big payback
3. Mind power
4. Soul power
5. Talkin’ loud and sayin’ nothing
6. Sex machine part I&II
7. Deep in it
8. Blind man I can see it
9. Funky drummer bonus beat reprise
Second part of Mr. James Brown’s tune stories
Second part of James Brown’s tune stories is for me the last set that I will do in tribute to this unique personality Mr. James Brown directly, it will follow a mix to expose the musician that played with J.B. and the singers around the J.B.’s show, so this is the one like in last two songs at the end of them as a good bye, leaving mix.
It is one with slight raising rhythm to the climax with the song Get it together, so like it was the life intention of Mr. James Brown to bring the people together with his show and music. That what made him to an infinitive legend that will touch the coming generation of young people, that the spirit of such people like J.B., like Bob Marley, like Janis Joplin, like Jim Morrison and many others will never be forgotten. Especially for what their stand for, for what their fight for.
For love and peace on this Planet.
Like has been told in the song Let’s have a ball tonight of Tim Maia.
Human bean don’t need more, except of not existence of concrete heads. So I hope the journey that we took in the last weeks was a bit enjoyable for you as it was for me and I hope we see us again, so stay polite to each other….
Second part of Mr. James Brown’s tune stories:
1. Blues & pants
2. Papa don’t take no mess
3. Time is running out fast
4. Get on the good foot
5. Cold sweat
6. Get it together
The J.B.’s is tribute mix to the great musicians that was companioned Mr. James Brown for years and was responsible for the unforgiving groove during the shows and jams, just to pronounce some of them like Maceo Parker, Pee Wee Elis, Fred Wesley & Bootsy Collins, their where 12 of them in original. I hope you will like my choice of the songs and enjoying it like me.
This set is a mixture of some instrumental and singed songs, where are all J.B.’s with some solo parts exposed, so that u can enjoy in the class of this musicians and their synergie.
And for all newcomers I would like to recommend the live album of Maceo Parker from the year 1992 "Life on planet groove", the most groovefull live album ever in my eyes, with special guests like Kim Mazel and Candy Dulfer…. Specialy for some barbecue-party’s with Mojitos as a afterdrink to brick the ice and start to groove.
So I hope we see us and stay polite to each other.
1. I’m paying taxes, what am i buyin’
3. Thank you for letting me be myself again
4. Thank you for letting me be myself and you be yours
6. Same beat parts I to III
7. Pour play
8. Why am I treated so bad
9. Dirty Harry
10. It’s not the express, it’s J.B’s monaurail Part I&II